Vulnerable Children Society’s treasurer/money lady Tawnya Pattie, update volunteer/keeper of the files Rita Churchill and big dreamer/president Arnica Rowan (that’s me!) are off in 3 days for a whirlwind trip to see our charity’s projects in Ethiopia.
We hope you’ll stay tuned and come along for the ride. We will be blogging along the way, and posting at least text and hopefully pictures from our travels.
We have a packed schedule! In just 9 days, we are:
- visiting the families in our fabulous House 2 House community support program, which is now operating in Ambo, Guder, Teko, Adama/Nazret, Wonji and Mojo;
- meeting with government officials and/or the HIV clinic in each location that refers the House 2 House families to us;
- visiting Faya Orphanage and doing some strategic planning with our partner organization;
- delivering packages to many sponsored children and donations to the orphanage;
- visiting the Canadian Humanitarian educational support centre in Gindo that we are filling with books, furniture and supplies;
- taking pictures of all our projects and sponsored children;
- investigating ways to ensure the timely arrival of complete updates for each child;
- connecting with other fantastic NGOs in Ethiopia (Hope for Children, Partners in the Horn of Africa and Canadian Humanitarian) to discuss synergies and strategies;
- shopping for good to sell at a fundraiser this spring;
- visiting our families and friends, as well as our own sponsored children!
If you would like to subscribe to our travel blog posts (there are usually one or two a week, but more while we are traveling,) simply enter your email on the left. You can always unsubscribe when our trip is over.
- sponsor a community child in our House 2 House program,
- help us fill the Canadian Humanitarian educational support centre in Gindo with books and supplies, or
- donate to Vulnerable Children Society !